Sunday, March 29, 2009

Don't worry, Be happy


Abraham Lincoln said, “Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” An article on CBC radio said that happy people are much more creative than sad people. I have learned to develop an attitude of gratitude and I have much to be thankful for. Quick, think of five things that make you happy. Better still, send them to me.

My five are:

Drinking coffee in the morning. I have two cups, each with two teaspoons of sugar and a generous dollop of half and half, just the way my Dad taught me to drink it when I was four.

Seeing wildlife every day. I have seen white tail deer, mule deer, elk, moose, bighorn sheep, cougar, grizzly bear, black bear, badger, herons, swans, Canada geese, eagles... ..some just a glimpse, some farther away than others (thank goodness) but everyday something and it always makes me smile.

Having pets. They are entertainment and companionship. Currently there is Kirra, The British Columbian squirrel chaser, and Jinx ,the cat.

A car that works well. There is nothing worse than not having wheels.

The advent of warm weather. I can hardly wait for the grass to turn green.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

5 things that make me happy, in no particular order:

1. My family
2. Spring!
3. Cool breezes
4. Creating
5. Friends