Friday, July 3, 2009

Nude #1



Constantin Brancusi, "Command like a king, work like a slave, create like a god." This was a quote from today's Painter's Key newsletter. I like it very much.

I have a stack of life drawing sketches tucked beneath the spare bed. I don't want to throw them out and I don't want to frame them because they are so large (and would be expensive to frame). I also have a stack of rather shabby 18x24 canvas stretchers I bought at a yard sale. I decided to collage the drawing onto the canvas and go from there. I experimented with some scraping of paint, wasn't satisfied with the result (for me, when in doubt, go bolder). I tried to use my homemade stamps over both the figure and background to bring the two together and finished with a glaze of quinicidrone gold. I can live with her for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! I love this! She's is just gorgeous yet looking a little demure and reserved. The background compliments her warm skin perfectly.