Tuesday, November 17, 2009

PLAY


After the pressure of accomplishing a couple of commissions, I am determined to loosen up and play. Honestly, I came to this conclusion after spending several hours yesterday trying to make a few paintings for an upcoming sale but all I achieved was crap, crap, crap.! Time to play. I find I choke up if I try to paint to sell (most times) It's better if I just paint and not worry so much about the outcome.

I am reading "the Creative Edge" by Mary Todd Beam. Love her work. Inspires me to try more abstracts.

This is a substrate composed of texturized molding paste, applied charcoal, and then a thin glaze of burnt umber rubbed on and off, to draw up the texture. I am happy with all the groovey bits, now I just have to develop this into something.

No comments: