Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fabric!!


I love the little caravan makeover I noted on my site. Originally, I was going to go whole hog and go ultra bohemian but the little camper is in pretty good shape for a 33 year-old piece so I am pulling back some and going more conventional. I do have to CAMP in it and Bruce might be overwhelmed by the red/orange/purple scheme I had originally intended.

I have a terrible tendency not to be able to pass up decorator fabric when I find it at yard sales/thrift stores. I have yards of this fabric so I think I can make curtains and recover all the cushions.

I am thinking of painting the outside. It's just too mundane the way it is. Caroline sent me a link to the Cowgirl Caravan, you have to check out all the beautiful caravans!!: http://www.sistersonthefly.com

I need a great name. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

What absolutely gorgeous retro fabric!! I think it will be beautiful!! Hope you add lots of personality with paint and decorations too. 'Travelin' van?' 'Road Warrior?' 'Home on the Range?' LOLOL I am so bad at this!

FCP said...

You are way too talented! I am so impressed that you can just whip curtains and cushions...can't wait to see what you do to the outside! Tell Bruce to get some new sunglasses--I have a feeling he is going to need them.
Faye