Sunday, June 6, 2010

Back from FArm Chicks




“Ah, good taste--What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness.” Picasso


One of the things I love about Farm Chicks is that women dress for the occasion. Here are a couple of them "dressed to impress". I especially like the lady's handkerchief skirt.

I packed my camera to record ideas, costumes, interesting people, displays and the darn thing acted up something fierce. Quite often the shutter wouldn't open....or like the second picture, the shutter was so slow due to the low light, the image was fuzzy. Sorry, but it was so much fun.
It was held in the big barns of the Spokane fairgrounds. I went in at noon on Saturday and it was packed. Next year, I would wait to 2:30-3:00 to let the crush subside.

I am amazed at the creativity. People were lapping it up. I do have ideas for my Columbia Basin Tour show in August!

No comments: