Monday, August 30, 2010

Beaded Vest and a break (not a rest)

Finally, I am not scurrying to paint or pack art stuff. I am making an effort to clean house, weed gardens, glean junk. I tackled our bedroom today, top to bottom and even cleaned the windows (outside no less). Now I am running up some new curtains to coordinate with the bedspread. Phew, tonight, I'm going to work on myself in the big bath tub.

This beaded vest was on display on aboriginal day. I believe it is Ktunaxa, the first nation's of the Kootenies.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I am worn out just reading of all you've done! The vest is amazing in its detail. Was it all hand beaded?

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

Yes, it is all beaded as a lot of the indian acoutrements are. I feel sorry for the native dancers when they are decked out in full gear because all that beadwork is very heavy!