Sunday, May 15, 2011

Oh look, a chicken

Alma 12x12 acrylic collage

I wanted to put some chickens in the DTSS greenhouse for the seed sale that was happening this weekend. Turns out chickens are harder to paint than you might guess, plus I am still busy with computer classes (urk, but they are not bad....I'm learning lots).

Invermere's high school has a geo-thermally heated greenhouse where students from all over the town come to learn about horticulture. The school then uses their produce in the chef's training course. They serve wonderful meals at the High School (no bunsteads [tuna salad grilled on old hotdog buns] like I had to suffer through in my school years. Jamie Oliver would be impressed by this lot.

Linkhttp://www.bclocalnews.com/kootenay_rockies/invermerevalleyecho/news/119205584.html

http://contest.thetyee.ca/greenyourcampbellcash/node/284

Alma reminds me of an old biddy who used to peck me when I collected eggs as a kid. Bad chickens become chicken and dumplings.

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

A fabulously plump and beautifully plumed chicken here, Paula. Love what the school is doing too!