Sunday, September 25, 2011

When I'm not painting...



There will be time for painting when it is cold outside. It was hot and sunny yesterday, a perfect time for cleaning and painting a couple of dump projects. I like the bones of this old chair. I had to tear off the original green upholstry (packed with straw, a hornet's nest[defunct] and a thousand carpet tacks!). I had Bruce screw the split leg back together (not a classy job but hopefully functional).

This ugly old brown table is actually a rather clever drop down. It may become an art table. I am priming it then painting it a lighter color.

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Is that a mountain beyond your porch? What a view, Paula!!! Love both pieces of furniture too. Will the chair hold weight? (I ask because if the leg was split, I am wondering if there is too much dryness to support weight...) I have found painting, staining, revarnishing furniture to not be an easy thing for me to do well. Sigh...