Saturday, October 1, 2011

Ask and ye shall receive..


I was thinking that I needed some feathers and maybe a bird skull for a project I am working on and was wondering where I would find them. Same day, Bruce and I heard a "whump" that hit the house. We searched for the cause but didn't find anything until several hours later when we discovered this poor grouse that had flown into the side of the house (they call them "fool hens" for a reason). I figure that this is the universe coming to meet me. I plucked and beheaded the poor deceased thing and left the rest out in the woods for the wild things.


To celebrate October (it being my favorite month), I'm posting a give-away. If you will leave me a comment AND mention my blog to at least one other person, I will put your name in a draw for a 8x10 matted print of the flicker. Draw closes October 5th, 2011. Good Luck!

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Paula, just in case you don't know who I am, it is I...AutumnLeaves. Still following, still loving your work, and a bit awed at your pluck. Well, no pun intended...kind of. LOL

diane ellery said...

so paula, just a few moments ago i was washing the morning dishes in front of my fine big kitchen window when i heard the call of the flicker somewhere out in the alley. breakfast behind, i went to open my mail and discovered YOUR fine flicker print! how cool is that? i love flicker, and when i hear his call i go out into the yard to see if i can discover where he's perched. i will most certainly forward your blog address to selected family members and friends. many thanks!