Sunday, February 19, 2012

A skirt with big pockets

summer style

I saw a skirt with big interesting pockets on the internet and decided to make my own. I used the Folkwear walking skirt pattern reduced to knee length. I doubled the waistband and just made up the pockets.
They are sewn on the side panels after asssembly.

Pocket detail.

winter style

I am having a terrible time making good photos. There is just no light to be had on cloudy days.
These were taken in a room with the window open and a light on.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love skirts with big pockets. Have you tried snapping the photo outdoors?

Kim, USA said...

I love big pockets and this skirt is pretty!

Kim,USA

Patti said...

I love big pockets! Great skirt. Thanks so much for linking up to Visible Monday : >

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I really like your skirt and the style of the pockets make it very flattering. Nice work!!

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

Taking photos outside is, of course, a better idea. However, when it is -20C and windy..it's kinda nippy out there. Thanks Terri, Kim Patti and Pam.

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

Great skirt. I am constantly amazed at how talented so many bloggers are. Everything is perfect about it. I love your handbag! The tooled leather are my favorite. I have tried for a long time to find one that is practical for day to day wear, but have yet to find one. Most are too small.

Unknown said...

beautiful outfit!!!amazing blog!!!i'm following you!!
Freaky Friday

Freaky Friday FB FanPage

Darlene Barnes Rosner said...

What a great find you are ! A sewist and artist !!