Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Noble spirit rests


  Kirra has passed on. I had her for 13 years.  She was one of the most beautiful dogs I have owned.
Willful, stubborn, fast as lightening. Strong enough to break your wrist. A fierce looking and excellent watch dog but gentle tempered. She was extremely wary of some men but loved hanging out with the girls.
She would become terribly upset and defensive around screaming children, even if they were just playing. I guess she felt protective. She used to cuddle with her buddy Jinx.
She did not like to be photographed and she hated me for this one. But it still cracks me up.
May you be hunting lots of squirrels somewhere.


7 comments:

Amber of Butane Anvil said...

So sorry for the loss of your precious friend. Thanks for sharing her story - I'm glad you had each other.

Judy C said...

I lost my friend almost 2 years ago. I have a new baby but Shadow holds my heart. I feel for you.

Janice Edwards said...

Remember her as a happy, gentle soul. Sorry for your loss.

Janice

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how deep the grief for the loss of a companion is and I sympathize with you.
When I first saw the picture I smiled, then I realized what the post was about. She was beautiful and had beautiful eyes.

Log Cabin Studio said...

It is so hard to lose such a great friend.Love the photos that you took,even if she was camera shy!!
I hope she is happy chasing endless squirrels.

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

I thank you all for all your kind comments. It means a lot to receive them.

laurie said...

oh, i am so sorry for your loss. i know how that feels - the emptiness and sadness. please take good care of yourself as you grieve.