Friday, December 28, 2012

Downtown Abbey Delrium--- armistice blouse

I am re-watching Downton Abbey seasons 1 and 2. I liked it the first time but had missed the first two or three episodes. Now I understand the "great scandal". And I have become hopelessly hooked.

This blouse is what they call an armistice blouse. I used the Folkwear pattern and made some revisions. For one thing, I added significantly to the length. The original design shows it being worn outside with a little tape around the waist and being worn rather like a peplum. I knew I would always wear it tucked in, so I just made it long. I used a light weight cotton with multi-colored embroidery sprigs. If I made it again, I would make it a bit smaller (I may take the sides in a bit). I also thinking of adding a larger bit of lace at the neck to make it a little less revealing. It looks ok in the photo but if I bend over.....


I would consider making it short-sleeved so that it resembled Lady Mary's blouse.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's cute, especially with that belt! I loved the styles in Downton Abbey, especially in Season One. I'm looking forward to Season 3!