Thursday, December 27, 2012

When the sun hits the mountain tops.

Lake Windermere    16x16    SOLD
It always amazes me how brilliantly the setting sun can light up the mountains. Throw a foot of snow on this image and you would have our weather for today. 

I keep promising myself to take my pastels outside and make some color sketches but I am too busy currently chopping and bringing in wood for the furnace. I need someone to lay hands on Bruce and make him functional again (he hurt his back). I have to take a sick car to the mechanic today. Perhaps, I'll be lucky and get him into the clinic. That's about as amusing and technical as taking a cat to the vet.

2 comments:

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

Oh man do I love this picture! It reminds me of one of my favorite artists, Birger Sandzen. I love the colors and everything else about it. My heart leapt and then I saw it was sold, although I probably would not be able to afford one of your paintings anyway unless I put it on layaway...
Anyway it is beautiful.
Hope you can all feel better.

marilyn said...

Your picture is beautiful.

Happy New Year!