Friday, January 17, 2014

Someone you know....

 

I discovered this website that lists women's stories concerning abortion. I was shocked by how many women where using birth control (sometimes more than one form) and became pregnant. I believe that a woman has to make her own choice regarding abortion. I strongly believe that that choice should be protected. How can women plan their lives if they do not have control over the decision when and if to have children.

I pledge to speak out against the shaming of women who have had an abortion. I will help build a culture of empathy, justice, and support for access to abortion care and for the 1 in 3 women who will have an abortion in her lifetime. The silence and stigma end here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you. I'm exhausted with all the misinformation that's spread about the process. If our men could get pregnant, the concept of choice would be a sacrament.
Thank you.