Thursday, February 6, 2014

A great Feb. 7th

HK


I was working in Lac Le Jeune helping my first husband with finishing touches on a log house he had built. I was bleaching stair railings and getting grumpy because my back was hurting. The pain was steadily getting stronger to the point that I finally mentioned it to my husband. He said, “Maybe we should start timing these pains.”  I was slow to catch on even though I was about 10 days past my due date. The pains were about five minutes apart. We headed for home and left my older baby daughter with her Auntie.  The nurses at the Royal Inland Hospital were just as wonderful as they had been for my first birth. After a long night of labor and a brief and harrowing stint with forceps, HK popped into the world like a champaigne cork.

 HKgolightly

2 comments:

Val said...

She's lovely. HB to HK!

MawBec@ZC said...

And what a Beauty she is!!!