Sunday, July 27, 2014

Viva!

When people think about Canada, they generally don't think about how hot it can be in summer. I ordered this dress on the internet for those hot, sunny days. While it is lovely, colorful and cool, it really was quite "muu-muu-ish".

So I took in and shortened the sleeves, shortened the hem, added a belt and a hat and I am ready for the Farmer's Market. 

You can check out my town's farmer's market here:  http://notesfromnd.blogspot.ca/2014/07/new-denver-farmers-market.html


6 comments:

Patti said...

Great re-fashioning - it's a cool dress in every way. Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday!

Val said...

Nothing wrong with a good muu muu - especially when it's so pretty!

Unknown said...

Love your re-fashioned dress. Such a gorgeous color and print. You look so pretty in it.

Unknown said...

Love the look belted and the hat is a nice touch! I love our local market. Ours is run by Mennonites. Thanks for stopping by my blog via the link-up! Debbie @ ilovemylemonadelife.com

Anonymous said...

Cute dress and I'm discovering just how great dresses are in the extreme heat. Anything over 80 is extreme to me.

Unknown said...

Yup! Perfect alterations from your excellent eye. Very summery and so flattering on you!