Sunday, November 9, 2014

Getting Artsy

I had been wanting an altered denim vest. I found a 1980's circa denim jacket (complete with fringe down the arms and on the back) at our local thrift store. I tore off the fringe and hacked away at the sleeves and sides of the jacket until a made a shape I was rather happy with and added some little ethnic embroidery bits that I have been packing around for a decade or so. Thrifted skirt and boots, a new lightweight turtleneck and jewelry I have had for years rounded out the outfit. I think I look quite artsy-fartsy!

And a rather ancient collage thrown in for good measure so that you know I'm an artist as well as a person who has fun with clothes. 


3 comments:

Patti said...

Fantastic re-do! You have artsy in your blood, for sure : > Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Ooooh, I love your vest! I've had an eye out for doing something similar to this!

pao said...

Very cool. I like how you've styled it with the ever arty all black.

I've been thinking along the same lines too. In fact I even dug out my old denim jean jacket this morning. But then put it back, thinking I had too many things going on.